Some photos from today! I had a long conversation with mom, sometimes you need that – especially when you spend a lot of time away from each other and you haven’t talked about the important things as much as you used to just because of other silly things. It’s always important to take care of and value those closest and most dear to you! So important ❤ I’m very happy and grateful I’m so close to my mom, it really means everything to me.
We went out to eat one last time before I leave on Tuesday. I love days like this – being able to take time to get ready, and just have nice things planned.
I’m quite tired right now, but I’m actually gonna have a coffee and then go gym! I’ll probably have it mostly to myself on a Friday evening and I always prefer working out with less people. So lets goooo!
I’m so happy right now! My new camera came in the post and it’s perfect! So easy to use, perfect size and takes really good pics with no need for edit all the time – on top of that it also looks really vintage and I love how it’s so much smaller than the one I’ve been using for so many years now.
So you’ll get to see even more pics on my blog now, as well as Instagram @martefre. Perfect that it came in time before my trip as well! I’m so excited!
Here’s me and Dan in the car right after we went to a shop to figure out why the camera wasn’t working… Turns out the lens wasn’t properly on, haha.
You can already see the quality changing even though I don’t know too much about the camera yet. And also very clearly what I look like after a mindfuck kinda powernap. Woho.
I thought I’d share with you guys some of the little things that makes the day better!
- Music Friday!! Obviously this only happens every Friday, but I get so excited when there’s new music out.
- A lot of time for a nice breakfast! Coffee, tea, and enough time to make exactly what I’m craving that morning. And time to watch something and enjoy it. Best mornings ❤
- A killer workout! If I’m really pushing myself at the gym, and just leave with the feeling that I’ve used my body and a nice kinda tired feeling.
- Being productive! Starting the day early, sitting with my laptop and just knowing that I’m getting things done.
- Just doing small things I might not do everyday. Going cinema, out to eat, out for coffee. Some of these things were more everyday things in London, but the second I get back it’s different and a bit more special.
- Getting acknowledged for my hard work. If it’s someone close to me or someone I dont know at all, a message, a text, someone telling me – it means a lot and makes my day so much better.
- Making nice food and deciding it’s going to be a snacks and movie kinda evening. That’s the best feeling when you don’t do it that often, and it becomes so much more special. Now that Dan and I are in Norway we’re tempted to doing it like every evening, but the sweets and snacks are so much nicer when you don’t do it every evening.
That’s some of the things I could think of right now! We’re still in Rissa and we will be starting our journey back home tomorrow morning. 11 hour drive again here we goooo! Woho.
So we finished our 11 hour drive to get to Rissa – where I was born and my mom grew up. My dad is here and my brother as well – so I could finally see Lykke ❤
We went there yesterday as soon as we woke up and finished getting ready. She’s so tiny and beautiful😭 It’s still so unreal thinking about the fact that she’s my brother’s kid and he’s a dad now. She’s so lucky to be born with such amazing parents who both loves her so much. And auntie of course😍
Now I’m sitting here with my coffee and popcorn trying to get some research done for Los Angeles. First time I’m there it will be for two months and those weeks will FLY by, I mean almost two whole years in London is gone already and that’s crazy to me. I don’t even understand it.
Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about these things, how we don’t even realize or think about how a year just flies by, and another, and another… And then I get stressed out and sad and worried – which is stupid. You can’t control time, but you can control how you spend the time you’re given, and who you spend it with. No one should spend their time worrying or thinking too much about what’s bound to happen anyways, you can’t control the fact that you’re going to die or the fact that the years will go by regardless. I know these things, but some times you can’t help thinking.
So yeah, I will for sure make the best out of those two months (and do my best for all these other days as well!), but that takes planning – so I’m trying to do that for the most of my LA trip. Might be a bit difficult as I’ve never been there, and I can’t plan for the possible opportunities or experiences of course – but it’s better to have some plans rather than nothing!
Here’s some pics from yesterday when I had the best coffee I’ve had in ages! And a nice catch up with my mom like we always have ❤
How lucky am I? Enjoy the video ❤