What annoys me a lot is when people keep getting dragged down for their hard work because someone is not there to witness it, or the changes can’t be seen instantly. So they think it’s okay to assume or say things that is in reality so far from the truth. I see it happen a lot, and has experienced it as well.
I think the best way to go about it is just to ignore it. As long as you yourself know how hard you are working and the effort you’re putting in, that’s all that matters ❤ Time will show everyone so you shouldn’t be bothered about it, even though it might be difficult at times.
The most important thing will always be the people you choose to have around you. Because it is actually a decision. If they want to see you happy, if they want you to do things for yourself as well, and if they see and appreciate all the effort and hard work you’re putting into things that matters to you.
And not bringing you down for the effort towards where you want to be.
Some thoughts from a sick Marte in bed. Hopefully I will get better very soon ❤
Some snaps from the staff party last night! Had fun and it’s so nice getting to know the people I work with even better.
Today has been the laziest day, staying in and eating pizza. Felt like a Sunday! It was a perfect ending to my days off. Don’t have a lot to write right now just because I’m still tired after doing nothing today, haha. Dan and I will watch a movie now and just chill until it’s time to sleep ❤
So I thought I would do a little post about things I’m grateful for – which kinda turned into not just things. Hope you like it!
- Growing up in Norway. When I was a kid I always wished I was living somewhere in USA because I felt I would have a lot more opportunities to do different and bigger things, which is probably true, but looking back I’m so happy I got to just be a kid and grow up in such a safe and good country.
- Getting to know my dad. Like a lot of other families it’s been a lot of different things going on. As I got older I’ve gotten a more mature way to see things and life, and I’m happy that I do get to spend time with my dad and that he’s now a part of my life. It means a lot to me.
- At times I get annoyed at myself because I can literally hear myself say and sometimes do the things I always get annoyed at my mom for saying or doing. But if there’s one thing I’ve said my entire life it’s that I would be so happy if I became half the person my mom is, and I’m so grateful for everything she’s taught me and for having such a beautiful person both on the inside and outside as a mom.
- This is almost becoming a family thing right now but I also want to say my brother. Seeing him grow into the person he is today, and him soon becoming a father. Looking back at us both years ago, and then again today I get this sad/happy feeling. We have grown so quickly and now we’re basically “adults”, but at the same time we’ve turned out pretty good I would say. I can’t wait to be an aunt ❤ Will be the proudest one!
- Changing from a “shy” person to a person who speaks up. That’s a huge thing for me right now – I speak my mind and I don’t just let things pass if I feel like something’s not right. If you read my previous blog, you would know it wasn’t really ever about shyness – I wrote the post in Norwegian so I’ve been thinking I need to translate it so more people can understand.
- Having struggles and knowing that life’s never perfect. We all experience hard times – some people less, some more. To be honest I’m grateful for all the hard times and struggles. It’s made me tough and it’s made me realise how much I can do for myself – how strong I am and what I deserve. I know people who’s taken themselves for granted, looking back later they might realise what they should have done for themselves or what they deserve, and I have also learned from that. There was a time where I never got to be the person I really am because of different things, but I think that’s what makes it so important to me know. To be me and be proud of it.
- I would love to say “knowing what life’s about”, but hey – I’m only 20 years old, I have so much to learn still and I’m very aware of that. But I do want to say I’m grateful for the way I have learned to look at life. I know I got this one time to spend with the people I love. I know I got to appreciate it. I know I have to listen to what I want – not expectations or other peoples opinions about it. I wouldn’t want to waste time chasing other people when I have such a good person right next to me, growing and learning both together and apart. The people I let in will always be a huge part of my life and I will always be grateful for them.
- You can say a lot of things about friends – but when they become family, that’s something else. Something you should always appreciate. I’m so grateful for growing up with a friend by my side, someone I know will always be there through thick and thin. You’ll never feel completely alone no matter what you’re going through and that’s something that’s not given, that’s really special.
Some snaps from Oslo today! Had some really good veggie food at Egon outside. Was a bit cold and started raining earlier, but right before I had to leave the weather was so nice. Now back to Bodø and the cold. But also Dan and Mom so it’s not so bad ❤
Would have liked to stay longer with Mathilde because we’re always in different places it seems like and never get to have enough time together. It’s always about prioritising time though, and I think no matter what you’re doing or how much you’re working in life we all should remember we only got this time to spend with the people we love – so that should always be something to focus on. Being happy will always be the most important.
Like I said I woke up really early today and it has been the longest day. I’m now back in my house ready to eat and chill and send some emails. Hope everyone’s good!
The feeling of not being in control. The feeling of time just passing by.
I get stressed out because I want forever.
I don’t know what will happen. Is there going to be nothing or is everything going to be new?
I just know I would never want to be someone else.
I would never want my battles to be different because they have made me into who I am today.
I would never want to be without these loving people I have around me.
I really do appreciate every bad and good thing in my life so much. It has helped me grow, and I do feel grateful for the person I’ve become so far and how my eyes see the world.
I don’t know what’s to come, but even though my life will change – I will still be me and I know I will keep the people I love in my life. It’s what I’ve been doing since I started living.
So I think it’s a scary feeling.
Not having forever.
Am I being greedy? Yes, probably.
Does it make me appreciate every day more? Yes, hopefully.
So I try to look around. I see what I have at this moment – and I feel so happy.
I might go chasing for different things, but never would I go chasing for different people. You only have this one life to keep them with you – and damn if I ever let them go.
I’m keeping them with me.
Was so nice to go out and finally see some of my old friends again ❤ Especially seeing how excited everyone was about meeting Dan. Made me so happy!
Today we slept in, me longer than him, and then had some not nice boiled eggs he made, haha. At least he tried.
Weather’s really bad today so we’re just chilling inside with Netflix, and soon we’ll go shop to buy some snacks and then go gym tonight. Such a cozy Monday ❤
Some snapshots from last night! It’s so nice being back together and just having fun. The place we went to was really chill so today we’re going to a more dress-up kinda club.
We just got back from eating at the vegan place again (called Loving Hut – it’s sooo good!!) and now we’re going to just chill before we will start getting ready. Wish I could stay for a bit longer, the weather will be so nice next week!