When I was living in Oslo I pretty much realised that podcasts were a thing and my life changed. Not really, but yes kinda.
I had something to look forward to as I was cycling to and from work in the hot summer weather.
I have always been a true crime fan, binging series and documentaries when I have time. It sometimes scares me, but more than anything it’s interesting and just shocking. I feel like it helps you be more aware of what’s going on as well, what potentially could happen and just what some people are capable of.
So the first podcasts I started listening to was of course, true crime podcasts. I also listen to some more “normal” podcasts, which are Norwegian and I will of course share them as well since I know some of you are from Norway.
Top True Crime podcasts:
- Dirty John. I finished this one quite some time ago, I know there’s been added a few new episodes but after hearing the whole story I didn’t really listen to the others as it’s just some bonus episodes. It’s very interesting though and I remember I got really into it. I also saw they will be coming out with a movie or series from this story on Netflix now! Will for sure watch that.
- Sword and Scale. Some crazy episodes on this one. But all true, which makes it even crazier. I remember I went from a Norwegian true crime podcasts straight to this one and I was just shocked at all the details and realness that came with this one. Real 911 calls and everything. Not for everyone for sure. But if you can handle it I would recommend it.
- Casefile. Australian true crime podcast that I actually started when I moved here. Even though it’s Australian the stories are from everywhere. I would compare it to Sword and Scale as you really get to know mostly everything from a case, and it’s just very raw and real. Currently what I am listening to the most out of these ones.
That’s the ones I would recommend from my English podcasts – please let me know if you have any you would recommend! If you are struggling with figuring out which episode you should listen to I would recommend just typing in Google “best episodes Casefile”. Sounds pretty obvious but I only just started doing this and it just makes everything so much easier.
I also listen to some business podcasts, currently I have been listening to My Wife Quit Her Job Podcast and Smart Passive Income. Tim Ferris is also a good one.
Hope you can find something you like! Might be difficult if you’re not a fan of true crime or business podcasts, but I would love if you want to share any of your favourites with me!
Then on to my Norwegian podcasts! Let me just change my language real quick 🙂
På tide å skrive litt norsk her igjen da. Jeg hører ganske mye på norske podcaster også, og tenkte jeg skulle dele de forskjellige med dere – kanskje dere hører på de allerede, eller kanskje dere kan prøve de ut nå.
1. Harm & Hegseth. Alt mulig og alltid morsomt.
2. Jan Thomas og Einar blir venner. Min nye favoritt. Digger at to så forskjellige mennesker kan sitte å prate om alt mulig. Jan Thomas får meg alltid til å le.
3. Andersen og Jacobsen. To kloke jenter med mye viktig å si, i tillegg til en god dose humor. Alltid et høydepunkt med en ny episode.
4. Truecrimepodden. Mitt første møte med true crime podcaster. Digget den veldig i begynnelsen (gjør fortsatt det), men har en tendens til å foretrekke de engelske som går mer inn i sakene. Ikke den største fanen av live sendingene på podcast (sikkert utrolig bra å være der), men synes hun som lager podcastene gjør en utrolig bra jobb med research og hele pakka. Sykt kult at hun at klart å fått alt dette til og kan jobbe med det!
5. En mörk historia – Arbogakvinnan. Dere måååå høre denne! Helt syk historie. Som også er helt sann. Arbogakvinnan er delt opp i 5 episoder og er på svensk, så du må nesten kunne forstå det for å kunne få med deg alt. Jeg fikk vite om denne podcasten gjennom Harm og Hegseth faktisk, med en gang noen anbefaler true crime føler jeg nesten at jeg må teste det ut.
Hvis dere allerede har hørt noen av disse og har noen meninger, gjerne del! Jeg vil også høre tips om hva dere anbefaler osv hvis dere har noen ❤ Settes stor pris på!
Edit: Jeg glemte selvfølgelig lørdagsrådet!! Alltid et høydepunkt!