- Find your own thing! Cardio, weights? Intervals, powerwalks, crossfit? I used to only do cardio (mostly because modeling had gone to my head), but now I’ve realised how much I love weight lifting. I also love intervals or running outside to clear my head. It always helps! But it needs to be outside, if not I just find it way too boring.
- If you’re feeling super annoyed, angry, frustrated or sad – put on some power music and get to the gym to do your favourite exercises. I always feel like it in some way gives me my strength and power back. I can go back home, take a nice shower, put on some cozy clothes and think new thoughts with a much clearer head.
- Good music or podcasts! Sometimes I want music that makes me give that last push, but somedays I get bored so easily and it can be more of a struggle to go – that’s when I love my podcasts. I usually listen to true crime, and having something interesting to listen to as I make my way to the gym and also do my exercises makes it so much easier on a more slow and unmotivated day.
- Try new exercises! Ohhh so many times have I gone into a pattern of just doing the same things over and over… You get so bored. Trying new things is always a good idea, and it can easily make you go more often and generally do more work at the gym. Or outside. I find that if you look up the right pages on Instagram you can get some good, new ideas!
- Consistency. If you want results, you can’t just do some sort of exercise once a week every month. It does take some dedication and discipline. The main thing for working out should be staying healthy, but even with that there’s many of us that keeps on saying “I don’t have time”. You need to plan. Sometimes it might take an early morning or a late night to just get it done. Or if you don’t want to spend the morning or evening at the gym, it might take you putting your gym clothes in your bag for after work. Or that you get up from that couch one hour earlier instead of laying there with your phone in your hand, just scrolling.
- It needs to be healthy. Too healthy can quickly get very unhealthy. I know. And I know a lot of you guys know. If you’re stressing too much about it, if you feel like you’re losing yourself in any way or that you’re just not okay with the whole food, gym, healthy, strong thing – then stop. Stop and talk to someone who will be there for you to listen and help you out. It should be something you do for the health of your body and mind, it should never go the other way ❤ That will never make you happy. It’s so important to not exclude the life you love to live just because you exercise. Pizza, snacks and lazy days are still so important.